Rajasthan is the land of royal warriors, the place where traditions and customs outshine the royal legacy of the land. Rajasthan the land was reined by the Mughals and Rajputs, the land is an exemplar of royal legacies and history. The state is the largest of all the states in the country, with a population of 68,621,021 as per records of 2011, covering a land of 201/km2. Jaipur or the Pink city is the capital city of this state which is the largest state.
The cities of the state are famous in some or the other way and hold a huge tourists crown from all over the world.
To list some cities of the state are :
- Ajmer – famous for its Brahma Mandir in Pushkar, Pushkar fair and the Khwaja Moinuddin Chisty dargah in Ajmer.
- Jaipur – A famous part of the Golden Triangle of India, a land famous for its forts and palaces and royal history
- Bikaner – Known for its nankeens, Bikaner Bhujia
- Chittorgargh – Has the famous and a major tourist attraction, the Chittorgargh Fort
- Jaisalmer – Jaisalmer is the magical land of dessert. The silent land of dessert adds magical vigor to the city, as if it is came live into action from Arabian Nights fables.
- Jodhpur – Another vibrant city of the royal state which is known for its huge and gigantic fort, The Mehrangargh fort built by Rao Jodha (1438-1488)
- Mount Abu – Mount Abu is the only hill station present in the city, the city is pleasant located in the lap of Aravalli ranges and is a known and famous tourist hill station of the state.
- Ranthambore, 14kms from Sawai Madhopur – Ranthambore National Park Reserve is the wildlife reserve built specially to save tigers, which is major attraction of the state.
- Kota – The hub of professional studies, the growing Institutes have developed and this place has gained popularity among students.
The culture of the state is vibrant and glossy which has set its footprints all over the world. The dynamic culture is known globally and has been praised and admired and hence so see such huge tourist crowd in the state.
Folk Culture of the state involves the folk dances, songs, festivals has inspired and lured people from all around the globe.
Dance forms originated from the different cities of the state
Ghoomar from Udaipur, Kalbeliya from Jaisalmer are some of those dance forms which has gained International recognition. Folk songs are majorly devotional and regional which use instrument such as Dholak, Sitar and Sarangi.
The Different Dance Forms of Rajasthan got a Fame Globally and get a recognition
The Famous Block Motif Printings of Bagru and Sanganer, traditional Wall painting from Bundi, Zari embroidery of Jaipur etc are some famous printing and painting forms famous in the state. Rajasthan is termed as “Shoppers Paradise for Handicrafts”, the place has such plentiful of talented craftsmen who are responsible for such ample amount of beautiful handicrafts.
Clothing of Rajasthan
The mirror embroidery on the traditional clothing of the place is a favourite and prevalent all over in India. The traditional Lehenga-Choli and dhoti-kurta of the state has gained popularity all over the globe.
Major religious Festivals of the state
Teej, Deepawli, Janmashtmi, Gangaur and Makar Sankranti are some major Hindu festivals celebrated with enthusiasm and vigor, people dress up in extreme vibrant costumes and parades passed while signing religious songs and dancing on ballads.
Rajasthan is a traditional and royal state known for its royal legacy and imperial history which tempts visitors, to visit the place and unveil the hidden history.